Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Thinking of Not Thinking…this time of year




 
 
Everyone loves this time of year.

Mostly because it’s not that time of year.

Or even the other.

So we’re lucky…because it’s not that…it’s this.

You know?

You do?

Really?

Hmmmmmm….

Makes me think.

Because when I don’t, I tend to get lost.

Not thinking does that to me.

I never know where I’ll end up.

Usually somewhere in New Jersey.

Or Connecticut…which isn’t as bad…because it’s closer….

At least to me…maybe not to you…because then it’s farther.

Then you might have to take a bus home...whether it's yours or not.

But if it’s Connecticut, I can usually walk back.

Unless it’s raining.

If it’s raining, I’ll call a cab.

Unless I have my car, which I might, or might not—because, you know I wasn’t thinking.…

Of course not thinking has its advantages, also.

And if I thought about it I would tell you what they are.

But I’m not…thinking…again, at least right nowobviouslyso I can’t.

I’ll let you know, though, as soon as I am.

See, the thing is…just a thing, really.

And a thing can be just about anything…which makes sense.

You know?

You do?

Really?

Hmmmmmmm….

So you get where I’m coming from.

Good to know.

This way I can avoid you when I see you walking down the street.

Because you might start talking sense to me.

Or it might seem like sense…at least to me.

Then we’d be there all day…just talking nonsense.

And then where would we be?

Probably in the same boat.

Regardless, of the time of year.

I just hope you remember to bring the paddle, because I usually leave mine, up the creek…just in case I find myself up there without one…which happens more times than not.

So I just leave mine up there, to avoid getting caught short.

Because then...well, I don’t even want to think about it…which is good, because that would change everything.

Well…maybe not everything.

It’s not going to change Bieber…nothing is.

I just want to enjoy this time of year.

Because it’s way better than that time of year.   

You know?

You do?

Really?

Hmmmmmm….



____________________________________________________

If you enjoy the Retort, please click "Like" on the FLR Facebook Page
 

If you don't like it, please click the same button...but with a negative attitude.


Or you can just

Tolerate the Retorts on Facebook if "Like" is too much of a commitment




No comments:

Post a Comment

Retort to the Retort -

“Is there anybody alive out there…”