Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Warming Up








It’s finally warming up around here…I’m down to only two sweaters.

In another month I hope to lose the scarf.

But I’m holding on to my mittens.

It can get a bit nippy at the beach…in July.

If you follow me on Twitter @FreelanceRetort you read that last Sunday.

I cannot tell a lie.

Well, yeah…I can, with the best of them, but not here…not with my Peeps & Tweeps.

Did I just say Peeps & Tweeps?

Sighhhhhhhhh….

I thought I should Tweet something clever, Sunday morning, so I came up with that gem between my OJ and scrambled egg sandwich.

I figure if I have the Twitter thing, I should at least try to live up to it once in a while. 

So you got a pre-view Tweet.

Actually, the Tweet gave birth to the post, and not the other way around.

So I inspired myself.

Plus, it did warm up…so why not use it.

Yeah…I know.

What can I say…ideas are hard to come by, sometimes. 

Can you tell this is one of them?

I’ve been doing this for nearly two years now…some 300 plus ideas, brought to fruition.

And since fruition didn’t want them, I posted them here instead.

Yeah…I know.

My point is, in the beginning you’re full of ideas.  Every can of soup, walk in the park or new pair of sneakers has a story in it…at least to you.

After a couple of years in, you think you've come up with something clever—at least by your lenient standards—and then feel like…hey, didn’t I do something like that already?

So you end up doing something like this, instead, where you just sit down and see where it takes you.

Yeah…I know.

Doesn’t always work.

Sorry….

Anyway, it has warmed up some, here, in the Northeast, US of A.

It was in the mid 70’s yesterday and it’s supposed to sneak up on 80 today.

I’m not out on the back porch in my summer position, but I do have the window open, next to my winter morning position, and the soft, warm air is kind of nice as it slides on by.

I even put my shorts on for the first time since, probably, October.

Well, if you don’t count the Cabo week in January.

See…can’t lie to my Peeps & Tweeps.

Sighhhhhhhhh….

Folks can’t wait to break out the summer clothes at the first sign of warm weather.

Shorts, tank tops, sandals.

Unfortunately some of these folks shouldn’t break out the summer clothes at the first sign of warm weather...or even the second, third or fiftieth.

Too many winter bellies, hanging over tight fitting shorts…not to mention, lots of hairy legs and toes, everywhere you look.

And the men have their own problems, as well.

But I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

That’s what “they” say.

So it looks like maybe spring is going to finally nudge winter out of the way, at least for a few days.

Then it’s right back into the wishy washy 50’s for another week.

Or so “they” say….again

In the meantime, I’m gonna enjoy it while I can.

Despite the heavy labor that nice spring weather brings along with it.

Raking and….well, raking.

That’s all we’ve managed so far. 

Got to wake the lawn up, you know.

Otherwise it will just lay there until June, watching the daffodils and tulips do all the work, if you let it.

I've also got some power washing to do…the deck, deck furniture, the garage.

And if you recall, the power washer is not necessarily my friend.

Then there will be dirt to buy and flowers to plant.

Hmmmmmm…maybe we can skip spring and go right to summer.

Yeah…I know.

Win some, lose some.

Sorry…..



No comments:

Post a Comment

Retort to the Retort -

“Is there anybody alive out there…”