Monday, July 30, 2012

Week After Vacation Week





The week after vacation raced away from me.

Not sure why, but that always seems to be the case.



I guess after a week of being on your own schedule, doing whatever it is you want to do whenever you want to do it, even if that means just sitting on a beach, thinking and dosing….

What?

Oh….

Right….

I know what you’re thinking.

It is a different beach, here, with a much longer walk…you’re right….

Anyway, if vacation week passed as fast as week after vacation week, then I guess that would be…I don’t know…fast.

Not good.

But I think I’m at a point now where I’ve stopped obsessing over how fast life seems to be unraveling.  Instead, I’m more accepting of the fact that…well, it is…and it will continue to move along even faster…at least in my mind.

Unless I’m watching the NBC Universal Summer Olympics’ opening ceremonies, in which case it couldn’t move along fast enough.



What was with that giant baby head?

I'm guessing, something from the the Ministry of Silly Baby Heads?

But I did like the Queen parachuting into the stadium with James Bond; that was pretty cool.

Long fly the Queen!

But what happened to the Prince? Didn’t he get on that chopper too?  How did he get down there so fast?

It must suck being married to the Queen and having to be known as “Prince” your whole adult life, let alone get left off the parachute list.

I bet he gets a lot of confusing fan mail.

But I digress….

Oh, and you won’t be getting much Olympic coverage here, by the way…satirical or otherwise...so don’t be looking for it.

In fact, truth is, I didn’t even really watch the opening ceremonies, except for the Queen part, but only because Z called me into the kitchen to see it. Plus, I was guzzling my second week after vacation week blues gin and tonic at the time, so that helped.

The Olympics lost me sometime in the mid 80’s, after NBC bought the rights from ABC and once moved the “Summer” Olympics to the fall, so they could better promote their new shows.  Then they broke the winter games apart from the summer games, so this way they could have an Olympics event every two years instead of four. Then of course that whole spirit of amateur athletics thing went out the window when team US of A began losing too many basketball and hockey games, so now millionaire athletes compete and build their own Olympic villas instead of hanging in the Olympic village with the poor guy who runs out in the corn field every morning.

And just to sum up….beach volley ball….

Need I say more?

Probably not.


I’ve probably said enough already.

But, you know.. I digress….again.

Didn’t take long, did it?

Where was I?

The church ladies were just here. Right as I was writing the part about beach volley ball, the bell rang.


Kind of odd timing....

But I did tell you they come around every month.

What…you think I make these things up?

Today she said the theme was, what would you change if you could change the world?

I immediately went right to one of my ongoing themes and said free cable…to which she laughed and said, “You know, that’s not a bad idea!”

Of course it’s not a bad idea…but no amount of praying is gonna make that happen.

But...again...you know...digress, digress digress…again.

In fact I’ve digressed so far off track I don’t even remember where I was going.


The glare off this screen, sitting under this umbrella, is giving me a headache, anyway.

Maybe I’ll just go back to bed.


Beach volley ball…really?



Okay...Goodnight....







2 comments:

  1. We were on the way to visit Hamlet's castle in Denmark. The road was adjacent to a beach where a group of topless maidens were playing volleyball. The tour bus driver nearly caused an accident when he drove up over the curb and toward the ball players. My husband had been stretched out on the back seat of the bus as he had a very bad cold. He saw the volleyball players up close and personal. And guess what! His cold was magically cured. So now you know what to do to get rid of a bad cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That definitely beats Nyquil...day or night.

    ReplyDelete

Retort to the Retort -

“Is there anybody alive out there…”