Sunday, June 26, 2011

On the 15th Day....

And on the 15th day of Blogathon 2011, he looked back upon all he had created throughout the previous 14 and said….

“Damn…I’ve got to learn to edit!”

Then the crowd gathered around him and a beggar stepped forth and said...

“Please sir, would you buy a poor beggar a simple cup of coffee?  Preferably French Roast, preferably Latte”.

For despite what was widely accepted, he was indeed a beggar who was most definitely “choosey” …

The wise man grimaced with indigestion, which the crowd mistook for a kind, knowing smile and approached the beggar...

“If I buy you a cup of coffee, you will have coffee only for one day. But if I teach you to earn, to buy and make your own…you will have coffee for the rest of your life”.

The crowd responded in awe at these sage words, as the beggar considered the offer.

“But my coffee maker has been on the fritz for months, and I need something, now, in which to dunk my bear claw.”

To which the wise man simply nodded and said...
“Why the hell didn’t you say so in the first place?” then quietly walked away.

And with that, the grateful crowd dispersed, confused, yet heartened, by the lesson they had learned that day.

Except for the beggar, who still wanted his Latte.

“What am I supposed to do with this stupid bear claw? Wait, I’ll even take cappuccino!”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Retort to the Retort -

“Is there anybody alive out there…”